Psalms 126:3

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"


We've Been Waiting:

Making our Way to Miah:

We are very close to receiving out TA (Travel Approval) WHOOP, WHOOP!

April 23: All Hague adoption paperwork is complete. US Consulate will issue our Article 5 to China (CCCWA) within 10 days.


Happy Referral Day: February 21, 2013
(we waited 1 year, 6 months, 20 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes

LID - March 26, 2012

DTC (dossier to China): March 9, 2012

USCIS Approval: February 13, 2012

USCIS Fingerprinting visit: February 7, 2012

Dossier completed: January 2012

Chinese Consulate mailing: December 2011

Paper-chase began: August 1, 2011

Talk to our Agency: July 2011

Decision to begin the journey: Father's Day 2011

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

When I Get Bigger


(my mother, cousin Taylor and Katherine in the back)
Liliah is starting to ask me, Mama can I do that when I'm bigger?"  Here are the first things she voiced that she wanted to do when she got bigger:
  • Learn to surf (I said we'd watch her)
  • Fly on a float plane
  • Go to China.....on a bus
  • Go to work!
  • Gymnastics
I love to hear what is on her mind.  Last summer, our goal with her speech therapist was to be able to communicate her needs.  She has come ALONG ways. We don't have to work as hard at figuring out what she is saying.  She will continue to need speech therapy for the next few years is my guess, but we are okay with that.


She calls the past "yesterday" or the "other week."  The other day as Daddy was carrying her into the house through the laundry room, he had his hands full and  the doors banged into each other.  Liliah said, "hey don't be banging Mama's doors around!" I think I may have said that to her once.  She also told Daddy the other day that she didn't want to wear a certain pair of undies because they were granny panties!!  She is good about letting me pick out her clothes, but I always ask her if she wants to wear it.  She has one item in her closet that she kept not wanting to wear and when I asked her if she liked it, she said no! 

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh, how I LOVE to hear the speech stories!! It's just SO wonderful to finally be able to understand your child and to hear what's on their mind, isn't it? We're still not 100% with Aaron, but it gets better every month. Granny panties? TOO cute!!