Psalms 126:3

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"


We've Been Waiting:

Making our Way to Miah:

We are very close to receiving out TA (Travel Approval) WHOOP, WHOOP!

April 23: All Hague adoption paperwork is complete. US Consulate will issue our Article 5 to China (CCCWA) within 10 days.


Happy Referral Day: February 21, 2013
(we waited 1 year, 6 months, 20 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes

LID - March 26, 2012

DTC (dossier to China): March 9, 2012

USCIS Approval: February 13, 2012

USCIS Fingerprinting visit: February 7, 2012

Dossier completed: January 2012

Chinese Consulate mailing: December 2011

Paper-chase began: August 1, 2011

Talk to our Agency: July 2011

Decision to begin the journey: Father's Day 2011

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Day We Got The Call

We received the best call of our lives on Monday, August 25, 2008! (It was the day after the closing ceremony of the summer Olympics held in Beijing) Melissa our family coordinator rang us up at 6:52 AM PST. Your daddy received the call as I was still sleeping. He came into our bedroom and started opening up the shutters and said, good morning, sweetie, it's time to get up! I asked him, why am I getting up....I'm on vacation? He said, our agency called......and instantly I sat up in bed. We looked at your sweet face together and fell in love on the spot! I ran downstairs and contacted our agency as quickly as I could. What an amazing surprise that you came to us so soon! In March of this year, we felt God opening our heart to the possibility that our daughter may come through the special needs group. We placed ourselves on the family waiting list in April and were told that it could be up to a year before we heard anything. So, when we got the call for you 4 months later it was such a BIG wonderful, sweet surprise! It was an exciting whirlwind of a couple of days as we only had 48 hours to complete the required paperwork, get it back to our agency for translation and into China's hands.


My parents were visiting from California. They come up every year right around the 4th of July or by mid-August. This year, my Dad told me that he thought they'd do something different this year and come up the last week of August. It was so neat to be able to be able to ask them when they came downstairs for breakfast if they'd like to see their granddaughter! It was such a gift from God and a priceless to share this with them.

August 25, 2008 was also very special because it was your 1st birthday! I love that we will celebrate the day you were given to us on the same day. Daddy, mommy, Papa and Nana Judd celebrated that evening at PF Chang's. Afterward, I called my sisters who were on vacation with their families. Lori/family were on the east coast in Connecticut when I called them. They were SO surprised and excited. My sister said she had just be thinking that morning how neat it would be if we got the call when Dad & Mom were here...then she thought, yeah right.

I called Diana/family who were vacationing in Las Vegas. They happened to be in line for one of the roller coasters there. We had fun talking about our good news. I woke @ 2:30 AM (never happens) & just could not stop thinking about you...so I got up to read over all the little details about you and figure out where you are from and now living. I also took the time to finish up paperwork that had a deadline that day to get to China.

A couple days later Mom & I went shopping for Miss L's first outfits. What a dream come true to be able to go shopping for my baby girl for the first time!





No comments: