Psalms 126:3

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"


We've Been Waiting:

Making our Way to Miah:

We are very close to receiving out TA (Travel Approval) WHOOP, WHOOP!

April 23: All Hague adoption paperwork is complete. US Consulate will issue our Article 5 to China (CCCWA) within 10 days.


Happy Referral Day: February 21, 2013
(we waited 1 year, 6 months, 20 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes

LID - March 26, 2012

DTC (dossier to China): March 9, 2012

USCIS Approval: February 13, 2012

USCIS Fingerprinting visit: February 7, 2012

Dossier completed: January 2012

Chinese Consulate mailing: December 2011

Paper-chase began: August 1, 2011

Talk to our Agency: July 2011

Decision to begin the journey: Father's Day 2011

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Little Patient


Pre-surgery hanging out with Daddy & Skeeters



Mama putting on my special Bugs Bunny gown


 Mama likes my warm blankie!  Is this a great place to stay or what?



Mommy is dressed and ready to go with me to the ER.  Personally, I think my gown is better than hers!!!




This is what a cleft palette III looks like and the reason I am here.  

Liliah did great pre-surgery.  She had no idea (and she wouldn't have understood anyway) what was to transpire and  was just her happy self, which made it much easier on us.  Skeeters & I got to accompany Liliah into the E.R.  Skeeter got to stay though and I had to go.  It was really cool going into the ER with her and meeting the team that would operate on her.  She was so cooperative and not afraid at all.....we all had masks on accept her so she was quite curious, but not apprehensive.  She ooh'd and aah'd when they taped the pulse line to her finger.  She sat  still when the anesthesiologist administered the strawberry laughing gas.  I was there when she fell asleep and got to give her a kiss on the cheek.  Her surgery began @ 3PM and was finished at 5PM.  It is 6:45 PM and we are waiting in her room where they are to bring her to us soon from recovery.  I will be staying with her overnight and Daddy and my mom (who is here from CA to help - yeah!) will go home tonight.  I'm praying that Liliah will rest peacefully.  We'll update tomorrow and how she is doing.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Glad to hear that all went well. I remember well that overnight in the hospital- a tough night. I'll be thinking of you! Please let us know how she's doing in the morning.

Courtney said...

I hope she has a smooth recovery!

Dawn said...

I had never seen a picture of a cleft palate before...what a little trooper...big HUG to you both!