Psalms 126:3

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"


We've Been Waiting:

Making our Way to Miah:

We are very close to receiving out TA (Travel Approval) WHOOP, WHOOP!

April 23: All Hague adoption paperwork is complete. US Consulate will issue our Article 5 to China (CCCWA) within 10 days.


Happy Referral Day: February 21, 2013
(we waited 1 year, 6 months, 20 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes

LID - March 26, 2012

DTC (dossier to China): March 9, 2012

USCIS Approval: February 13, 2012

USCIS Fingerprinting visit: February 7, 2012

Dossier completed: January 2012

Chinese Consulate mailing: December 2011

Paper-chase began: August 1, 2011

Talk to our Agency: July 2011

Decision to begin the journey: Father's Day 2011

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Tough Day with some Sun Breaks


Me and my Nana out on the town.  Happy Birthday, Papa



I gave mama smiles and perked up on the ride around the hospital.


Today has been a tough day for Liliah.  We couldn't completely wean her off the morphine as she was FEELING the pain.  She got one dose in mid morning so we could get her to eat some ice cream and drink a little liquids.  Most of the day though she was on codeine, but we had to resort back to the strong stuff when it came to getting her to try any little sip of liquids.  In the evening when daddy showed up she perked up again....daddy has the magic touch in getting her to eat and kind of forget the pain.  Man, it is miserable when your child is in such pain and you can't do anything, but hug & love on her....and ask for more morophine, please.  I am hoping for her to sleep longer hours tonight.  She really has been a great patient and trying to have a good attitude.  This evening she started repeating lots of words and is really trying to talk.  My mom and I were AMAZED as she saw some Elmo diapers laying around and said his name very clearly!  My mom and I did make time for a breakfast run and some shopping @ Pottery Barn Kids, where I found a Christmas stocking for Liliah.

Happy Halloween......

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how Daddys have that special touch! Still praying for a quick recovery.
Paul and Kelly Kuder

Dawn said...

Oh Sharon...I have been such a slacker blogger and then I see this!!! Oh your sweet Girl...hoping she is feeling like herself very soon! How long will she be in the hospital??

Hay Family said...

We've been thinking of and praying for Liliah...sorry I didn't check the blog sooner!! She looks so beautiful and I'm glad the surgery is over!
Love, Becky for the Hay family