Psalms 126:3

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"


We've Been Waiting:

Making our Way to Miah:

We are very close to receiving out TA (Travel Approval) WHOOP, WHOOP!

April 23: All Hague adoption paperwork is complete. US Consulate will issue our Article 5 to China (CCCWA) within 10 days.


Happy Referral Day: February 21, 2013
(we waited 1 year, 6 months, 20 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes

LID - March 26, 2012

DTC (dossier to China): March 9, 2012

USCIS Approval: February 13, 2012

USCIS Fingerprinting visit: February 7, 2012

Dossier completed: January 2012

Chinese Consulate mailing: December 2011

Paper-chase began: August 1, 2011

Talk to our Agency: July 2011

Decision to begin the journey: Father's Day 2011

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Liliah

(check below this entry as I was able to fit in 2 postings)

I thought I'd write a little about what I've observed & learned about our girl. She is healthy and was well taken care of by her foster parents. She came to us ready to love! She will go easily to both of us, but is starting to want her mommy for comforting, etc. The night before we received her it said that the characteristics of her personality were smart & easy going. I would say that has proved to be true in this short time we are together. She is so easy going and comes along with us without a fuss.....even when we don't keep her schedule to the T. She is very inquisitive and curious about the world around her and has no sensory issues......loves to see, touch and feel. When we are out and there is plant life around.....she usually wants to pick something and hold on to it. In saying all that, she is truly still a baby of maybe around 9-12 capability which is fine by me. We haven't missed her baby time, and although I was preparing for a toddler.....I'm glad we get to be with her at this stage. I realized on day 1 that she had never crawled before. She can pull herself up and doesn't fall backward. We are also witnessing her early steps as she doesn't walk on her own without hanging onto things.....will maybe take 2 steps between Darryl & I on her own. It is truly a gift to get to enjoy her as a baby. Again, we've taken videos of her doing this stuff.....but that will have to wait to be added to our blog when we return to the US. Today is our last full day in Nanning. We are going to do some shopping (which we haven't done yet) as I'd like to find something from her province to take home.....maybe a tea set. We then plan to go to a new science museum for our sight seeing. Also, we will pick up that important passport for Liliah that we need before we leave. Tonight, we will pack up and tomorrow, (Saturday) we head to Guangzhou. We have yet to see the tickets, but I think we fly out in the AM. I checked out weather.com and it shows the temps in Guangzhou being between 77-79 degrees........OH MY......we can't wait. I think we need to buy a few short sleeve tees as we only brought 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like that "knitting together" that you desired. . .was there before you ever met!!! God is so good!!! Love and blessings and enormous HUGS. . .Lori. . .Daisy says. . .I still don't see my four legged cousins in the pics. . .I am starting to get this go to camp/vacation thing!! She is waiting to go on her walk...very patiently! Funny Daisy story. ..yesterday. . . doing housework etc., went outside to dump the vac filter, came back in and couldn't find her. . .that never happens. I had cookie balls in the kitchen waiting to bake. . .yikes. . .no, she didn't touch them. Could not find her. . .noticed the laundry room door ajar and heard "LOUD CRUNCHING" - she had unrolled the food bag that didn't fit into her container and the bag is so large...only her tail stuck out. . .head first in the bag eating as fast as she could. I said "you scaliwag, what are you doing??" she just looked at me and licked her chops!!